Situated in the historical site it is the only remaining testimony in Campania of the old noble seats and dates back to the XVIth century. In front of the bell tower annexed to the cathedral, the Via Reginaldo Giuliani opens up and leads to the Sedil Dominova (15th century), one of the two loggias where the representative of an aristocratic party used to seek advice. The city coat of arms as well as those of the various families of the Sorrento aristocracy are displayed in its interior. It has a quadrilateral form with two corner arches in piperno (lava) permitting the view of the interior of the cupola and the end walls with 18th century frescoes. The pilasters and polystyle arches with their capotals are in archaic style.The 17th century cupola is formed by green and yellow majolica roof tiles. The end of the walls and the interior of the cupola (1600) displays XVIIIth century frescoes.
|SORRENTO LAST MINUTE !!!||.||